Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Humphrey 1.2 Chores

Layla woke up late to the sound of rain pounding on the roof. I'm really glad I got those roofers to finish yesterday. She saw Crosby at the foot of the bed - he had come in out of the rain and brought her the newspaper. Definitely a genius. I need to train him how to hunt. Too bad I can't train him to deal with my laundry. Ugh.



After recycling the newspaper, Layla made a breakfast of waffles. This should be easy. I saw my mom do this a hundred times! And of course, she burned the waffles. She still ate them - they were the first waffles Layla had made on her own.



Buffy spent part of her morning trapped in the box stall, so I had to reset her. Here she is on a way to a soothing salt lick.



Crosby has got to be one of the world's easiest dogs to train, ever. He's already gained the loyalty and non-destructive traits. This is him, guarding the house. Good dog, Crosby.



Layla used the bathroom, picked up the laundry, and took out the trash. As she puttered around the house, she sighed. I wish I could see Champs Les Sims some day. She took a shower and watched a little television. She decided it was a good time, while she was thinking about it, to cancel her newspaper subscription. The quick glance at it had confirmed her suspicions: I've seen better journalism lining bird cages!  Layla spent her rainy Monday reading a logic book, which she was fascinated by, and doing chores.



She  spent some time with Buffy, ensuring the horse they were still friends. She trained Crosby to hunt.


Layla noticed everyone was a little sleepy. 




Layla said, "I got a good night's rest and I know they did too. Must be the rainy day, a Monday today. Hey, what am I talking to myself for? That will just make me feel old." [Author's note: Couldn't resist!] She was so busy puttering around, that she didn't get to bed until late. Even though she knew it would spell trouble tomorrow.

~~~

Didn't get to put this in the story, but I thought the picture of Crosby and Buffy nuzzling was too cute not to share.





I went to bed myself not long after Layla did, and when I woke up, Sims had crashed. Fortunately, I'm getting myself in the habit of saving after every Sim day, so only a bit of Day 3 is lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment